Saturday, April 14, 2012

Almost Outta Here

Hey Everyone!!
Wow! It's been another great week! It has been one of the busiest weeks of my mission thus far. I hope that I will be able to tell you about most of it. I'm a slow typer, but I will continue to type as fast I can with the time I have to write home.
Okay, So this last Wednesday (not yesterday) We received a new district in our zone. They are all Elders, Most come from Utah. One of them is from Canada, and the other is from Barbados. Barbados is a country in the Caribean. Pretty neat huh? His name is Elder Nelson, and he is one of the smallest Elders I have met thus far. I thought my companion was small. Elder Nelson has such a great testimony and we are honored to have him in our zone. Speaking of Elder Nelson, On Thursday morning at about three o' clock in the morning I heard a knock on my door. I was wondering..Que en el Mundo!! (what in the world) I thought I was just hearing things so I went back to bed. Again, I heard a knock on the door. So I decided to get up and open the door. Sure enough, it was little tiny Elder Nelson who was standing outside my door. He said "Elder Ollerton, could you take me to the nurse please?" I then told him to my knowledge that there was no nurse here at time. He explained that he was having stomach pain and a headache. I told him to come in and we would take care of him. I was about to him hime some Ibuprofen when he then told me that he was allergic to asprin. So I decided not to risk it. I woke Elder Farnsworth up, and I asked him what he thought we should do. He suggested we give him a blessing. So we proceeded to do so. I got my oil that Grandma Hutchings gave me and consecrated it. We gave a blessing to Elder Nelson. and I gave him some pepol bismol. I told him to say a prayer and then try to get some sleep. We sent him back to bed, and then I went back to bed. I could feel such power and inspiration as we were giving the blessing. The Priesthood power is such a blessing to us that we should never take for granted. Oh and Grandma Hutchings, your oil from Jeruselam has not gone unused! What a blessing it is to have that. Thank you so much again for giving that to me.
The rest of that day was long. Elder Farnsworth woke up so sick. We also heard that there was a flu thing going around the MTC, and a lot of people were getting so sick around here. So we went up to the Health Clinic to get him checked out. After about an hour and a half of waiting. He comes back out to tell me it's just a cold and that he needed to get a nap because he was sleep deprived. So we went back to our room and he took a nap while I studied. I actually got about three hours of personal study that day. It was really nice for me because being a Zone Leader we don't get much personal time anymore. So it was really nice to be able to study and catch up on the things I have been wanting to study.
So on Saturday we had a baptismal service for one of our investigators. Claudio is now a baptized member of the church. Elder Farnsworth and I had to put together the program for the service. We did it in the middle of class, and everyone was able to particpate. It was interesting to see how to set it all up and what it will be like to do it in the future. I'm so excited to be able to do so! So we had our first baptism! and Hopefull we'll have one more by the time we leave!
Easter Sunday was absolutely amazing! We had a combined sacrament meeting with the whole mtc. Guess who came to speak to us? That's right, President Boyd K. Packer. He spoke on the importance of the Atonement with missionary work. Which seemed to be appropriate considering the occasion it was. It was so cool, I got to partake of the Sacrament with an Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ. It was so cool and I could feel the spirit so strongly! what a great experience it was. After we had a testimony meeting with our Branch. I was able to bear my testimony completely in Spanish. It was so cool! Without the Lord I would not be where I am today with the gospel and the language.
So last night we had a fun opportunity to do something with the new missionaries. So on the first day in the mtc the new missionaries go to an activity called "teaching experience" Where TRC volunteers to a lesson with a group of about forty new missionaries. We were asked to get the lesson started with "How to begin teaching" fundamental we ahve learned during our time here. I guess our teachers put in a recommendation for us and thought we would be pretty good at demonstrating How to begin teaching. So last night we did so. We would do a door approach and get to know the investigator and their need and wants. It was a way cool experience and I learned a ton from it. It was something I'd been wanting to work on a ton too. Funny how the Lord works that out for us huh?
Well, That's basiclly my week! It's been a great experience here at the MTC. I can't believe I ahve been out on my mission for two months already. 2 down, only 22 to go! time is going by so quickly! So i will be going to the travel office and leaving for California on tuesday the 17th at five a.m. My flight will be leaving sometime around 8:00-8:30. And i will be getting there around 9:30 utah time. Crazy! PARENTS THIS IS CRUCIAL YOU READ THIS PART!!! So I learned that I can call my family while I'm at the airport waiting for my flight. that's right. I can call you on the phone. So dad if you wanna talk you might want to try and cancel work in the morning. if you cant i understand. but i'm going to buy a phonecard to call you guys. So expect a call about that time! will you tell me what phone number i should call? I would love to hear your voices! it was answer to my prayer to hear that i could do that.
Dearelder me as soon as you can k? Thank you for the packages! I will be sending more stuff home this week and I get my picture memory card to you asap!!
WEll my time is up! next time i email I will be in california! if you need anything Dearelder me asap k?
Thank you for everything! La Iglesia de JesuCristo is verdadero!! Te amo mucho!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment