Thursday, February 23, 2012

Letter from Week 2


Dallin Ollerton dallin.ollerton@myldsmail.net
2:44 PM (7 hours ago)
to Matthew, me
Hey all!
Wow!! i have completed my first week of my mission! I can hardly belive it!! Where do i even start! well since i wrote home last i have been very homesick. I would be having a little episode every night. at one point i got to the point of anger. and my companions seemed to have noticed and took action on it on monday night. we had a companionship inventory and elder frei told me that i needed a better attitude. so what did i do? i got on my knees to and asked Heavenly Father for a better attitude. And guess what? these past two days have flown by so quickly! i'm starting to get over my homesickness. i'm not sure if that's a good thing or not but i think its a step towards progress!!
So we have taught our first "investigator" four lessons completely in spanish! it was such a challenge, but my companions and i found a great routine that led us to getting him a baptismal date! i have to say it was all thanks to elder frei or else i would have been lost. see elder frei has already been here for four weeks with the english speaking district. because of medical reasons he had to stay a few more weeks and he wanted to learn spanish because he is going off to roseville california. but he has been cleared from the the doctor to leave and he will be leaving next wednesday! i hope Elder Farnsworth and i will be able to do just as well as we have without him here. i can already tell i'll have to step up to be the leader cause elder farnsworth is a pretty quiet guy. but i know i can do it! Thank you so so so so much for your packages of candy! it's starting to disappear already! but luckily i havent gained any weight yet! haha
Today was my first real pday! we went to the the temple to do the 720 session and it was flippin awesome! i love going to the temple! there is no other place in the world like it. and you cant have the same feelings in there anywhere else! after that ive been writing letters and doing laundry! so whoever sent me a letter expect to get one soon! :)
Momma, I miss you so much and i know what you mean by the hug thing! i think about all of the hugs as i departed from you. i miss you guys so much and i can feel your prayers! I thank you all so much for them. You are the best family any man could ask for!! I pray for you guys everyday! and what i have read from our weekly letter i can already tell my prayers have been answered!! Tell trevor and Cameron congrats for me and tell them to continue to work hard! it's so important that they do that! I'm so proud of them!
Justin, i got a letter coming to ya but i want you to know that i love you so much and i hope track, school, and everything else is going well! if not, pray!!
Dad, How has work been? still staying busy eh? have you been up to work on seths house again? how is his house looking? I love you so much dad! I often use you in my examples during class. You are a great man and example to me. I love you!!
so in my personal study i keep finding myself reading about Nephi (the original) there is a certain story i keep reading about and i feel inspired to share it with you. so in this story Lehi and his family had just departed out into the wilderness. Nephi and his brothers went out to hunt. but Nephi's bow broke. Nephi's brothers murmured as they came to the point where they were very hungry, and so were their wives. Nephi then goes to the Liahona for guideance. he is guided to beasts and is able to get food. So what's the principle behind this. Earlier in my scriptures i wrote in my margins taht the liahona is the word of God. Sometimes we may find ourselves lost and spritually starving of what we need. But it's SO important that we use the Scriptures to answer the questions of our daily lives. I know this to be true!! So there is my sort spiritual thought for the week.
K, so next week I promise i will be getting pictures up. sorry im still trying to figure out the system here and i know i'll be getting some to you! i hope these letters are long enough...haha! what has everyone been up to?? hey if you could send me a dear elder response to this email i would love it! i've gotten a lot of those lately and i've loved it! well, it's time for me to go. we are limited to 30 min a week on email. but a lot of letters are going out!
Yo se que la igelsia de jesucristo de los santos de los ultimos dias es verdad! Te amo todos los dias!!
Elder Dallin Matthew Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment