Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Work in Progress

It went off like clockwork. We drove up 900 East in Provo, turned into the MTC and were directed right where to stop. One minute and forty-three seconds later we were parents of a full-time missionary. We took video of the event but I can't seem to get it to upload. I will keep trying.

There were tears shed, mostly by his parents. Dallin was quite stoic. He turned around and gave us the "I love you" hand sign (thumb extended, pointer finger and fifth finger extended as well) then turned and walked away talking to the "host" missionary who was helping him, and that was that. Weird.

It was definitely a lot harder then I thought it would be. I'm glad he had the BYU-Idaho experience to help this be less difficult for him. It does leave an empty spot in our home, especially since he has been here for the past two months just waiting to leave. I can't wait to get a letter, and neither can he.

Make sure you send letters by the ton. Every missionary needs them.
Elder Dallin Ollerton
MTC Mailbox #240
CA-ANA 0417
2005 N. 900 E.
Provo, UT 84604-1793

I'll get working on the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment