Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Letter for September 4, 2013


Hey everyone!

I hope I didn't scare you mom and dad thinking that I wasn’t' going to email you at all this week. I am! We were super busy yesterday and we weren't able to email. Honestly I don’t have too much time right now. I just want to let you know about the highlights of the week.

Gilberto was confirmed a member of the church on Sunday. He is doing so well. I had the privilege of confirming him. He came in his white shirt and tie that we gave him. He is still commenting in class and is progressing very well in the gospel. He is going to be ordained a priest this Sunday. He is going to get a temple recommend to do baptisms for the dead. We talked about that with him this week and he loved it. His parents died when he was really young so he really wants to get baptized for them.  That is really neat. I’m really excited for him!

We are still working with Alberto. His son was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. They are having a hard time coping with that. We are there every second trying to help them. We haven't been able to teach him much. Just trying to help him know that God will help as long as he does his part. It's been interesting. We will have to postpone his date of baptism for a week or so. We know he will get baptized. We just need to get a new date and push along.

We've been doing a lot of finding lately. We found a cool new lady that is the daughter of a member. Her name is Jessica. She is really nice and says that she's "indecisive" about religion. So we hope to get her rolling along.

We had a cool meeting yesterday. We had Mission Council. All the zone leaders of the mission meet at presidents house and are trained on what we are going to be training our mission for this next month. I love what President Bowen spoke on—faith, especially in finding new investigators. He talked about not having any fear. We need to have complete trust in the Lord. I took it to heart. I told my companion after an appointment fell through that we were going to find the elect. I followed my feelings. I went to a random apartment complex. I went to the second floor of the building. I looked at the door and told my comp "This door is ready”. The lady answered and after some time she told me that she actually recognized my face. I guess I had spoken with her before, in my old area. It was crazy! She agreed to listen. It was cool. We just trained our zone on what we were trained on yesterday. It was really neat. President Bowen came and it was great. I'm so pumped right now!

That's basically what's up. I love you all. I love this work with all of my heart. I know that the Lord is there guiding us. As long as we are worthy of the spirit of the Holy Ghost we will be guided. I love you all. Have a great week and we'll talk soon.

Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment