Monday, September 30, 2013

Letter for September 30, 2013


Hey all!!
Wow, It's hard to believe that another week has gone by. It's been a little warm over here in Santa Ana. We are loving it though. I think, if I’m correct, that the rainy season is right around the corner.  I hope we can get some rain soon. I love rain. I thought, before the mission, I was going to love always being in the warm California climate. Now I always say "Man! Why does the weather always have to be the same!”?  Change is always nice.

This week I had the opportunity to go on a fun exchange with one of the Elders in our zone. His name is Elder Smith. He is 6'10 ½”. Yeah, he is a giant! He is always full of jokes and laughs. It was fun to be able to go back to that area again. I had done some exchanges in that same area about 9 months ago. It's one of the hardest areas in the Spanish program. There aren't too many Hispanics that live there. The areas that do have Hispanic people the missionaries in the past have destroyed  it. Meaning they have probably knocked on every single door in the area at least 10 times. So we went in there to help them out and see what we could do. We had to go to the dentist in Anaheim in the morning. Dad or mom I don't know if you know of any Selman's that live in Springville? The last name sounds so familiar and so I just had to ask you all. Anyway we found some cool new investigators and had Tinga at a member's home. I love tinga! It's chicken that has this tinga seasoning. It's cooked with some onions and it's served on tostadas. We had Agua de Jamaica. Probably one of my favorite drinks too. It's basically the hibiscus plant boiled in water. You filter out the plant and then pour some sugar in it. It's soooo good. You can get it in powder to. I love to buy it. Anyway, I just love the culture and the food of this mission. I hope I can continue to have it after I get home.

We have found some pretty cool new people this week. Our people with baptismal dates aren't really progressing too well. In fact we haven't been able to see Liliana or Alex at all. they have been pretty flakey lately. So we will sadly have to drop them and see if we can find some new investigators that will continue to progress. We still have Dalia. The lady we found through an FHE (Family Home Evening). She is doing pretty well. She lives right next to a member who is quite the missionary. She invited Dalia to come over and read the Book of Mormon with her during the week. Dalia’s been reading it and having good experiences with it. We hope to get her to General Conference this week. We found a guy on the street named Miguel. It's pretty funny cause we unknowingly knocked on his door a while ago when he wasn't there. He told us that he is looking for a church and we told him to come. He didn't, but we hope to get him there. The "Utah rocks" lady is doing pretty good too. We invited her to be baptized, but she said she can't because she is scared of her husband. So we are going go have to work with the husband, but I know that the Lord will help us out with that.

We are seeing good things happening this week. The zone is looking good too. We hope to see some baptisms pretty soon in the zone, which is exciting. I know that this is the Lord's work, I know that this is His church. I love it with all of my heart. I'm so excited to hear from the Lords servants this week at conference. I love you all. I hope you all have a great week. Love you!!

Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment