Monday, August 26, 2013

Letter for August 26, 2013


Hey Everyone!

Wow! What a week it has been, again. It was so fun to hear from all of you again. I swear every week goes by so quickly now. It's really fun to hear what is going on! Congrats to the Springville Football Team for their win! I hope they can keep going and win 'em all! Tre tre has braces now and I can't believe it! So many things are going on back home. So crazy! A lot of things are going on here as well.

We had a baptism yesterday! Gilberto was baptized. He is so solid and is going to make a wonderful member of the church. He was so ready. The service went rather smoothly, which is always really nice. Elder Robinson baptized him, which was really special it being elder Robinson's last day. We all rejoiced together. Which is so great. So that was awesome! Elder Robinson was telling me last night that he couldn't have imagined ending his mission any other way. So it was awesome!  Also, something really special happened this Sunday. We went to our ward council meeting. Our bishop asked us to get all the missionaries there. So we got there and he began to talk about the missionaries in our ward. How special we are and what great work we do. How much we've accomplished and how powerful our parents are. Then out of nowhere, on a projector screen, he pulled up a file. Then came a video of the mom of one of the sisters. Her mom bore her testimony. It was so powerful. Then all of a sudden I see my father's face go up on the screen. He began to share his testimony with us. He had everyone laughing as he began to bare his testimony.  I felt such great power enter within my heart that I began to weep. It touched me so much. Yeah, I get homesick sometimes. I love my family and I miss home. It was just so nice to be able to see his face and hear his voice. I loved it. It was something that I believe was divine direction. Something I needed to hear. It was awesome. I loved it. All the ward council was in tears as well. They have really come to love us. I love feeling loved. What a great ward I’m in right now. I love it.

Speaking of the area. I have a new companion. His name is Elder Aguilar. He was born in Mexico, but then moved to the states and has lived in California and Arizona. He leaves in the end of December. We are really excited for this upcoming transfer. We have had a lot of changes and we are seeing good things happening here. I'm really excited to be here with him. He’s a native speaker, so that's awesome as well. I hope that we will be able to continue to see miracles here together as I did with Elder Robinson. I'm excited to get started.

I guess that's really all that happened this week. It's so crazy. I can’t believe how fast time goes by. I love this work. This is His work. I know it. I hope you all know that I know that the church is true. I know that it was restored through the prophet Joseph Smith, that through this church we are able to participate in salvation. What better thing is there than that? It is the greatest of all the gifts of God. So keep going. Endure. Keep the Lord with you always. And I promise you that you will come out on top. Love you all.

Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment