Sunday, March 3, 2013

Letter for February 25, 2013


Hey all!!

Wow, what a crazy week it has been! My very first week on a bike in my mission! Ha-ha it was great. I love being in this new area with Elder Castaneda! We are really trying to find our way around here. We don't know the members that well. We didn't have that many investigators, and we were really lost. Ha-ha we just looked at each other and said "Lets go to work!" ha-ha and we did. We found about 11 new investigators this week. We did a lot of door knocking, member visiting, and bike riding just to try to set a good foundation for this area. We were able to meet the investigators that were already being taught when I arrived here. It was awesome. We have some great things happening here.

So my comp is Elder Castaneda. He is from Arizona. He is not too much shorter than me and he is a pretty skinny guy. He knows perfect English and Spanish so I’ve been very blessed to have him as my comp. He is always working and talking to everyone. It's really nice here because everyone here speaks Spanish. I haven’t seen too many people, if any that only speak English. Ha-ha it's been awesome! They call it "Little Mexico" here and I love it. So he is a really hard worker. He's been on a bike his whole mission, too. So he's in a lot better shape than I am. Ha-ha but I’m getting there! We found a lot of great people.

The first people I would like to talk about today are Hilda, Jessica, and Albert. They are a family the Elders before me found at a bus stop. They are what we call "prepared" people. I went over with my companion to talk about the plan of salvation. That went very well. As we were teaching Hilda, the mom, was just glowing with happiness. You could just tell that the spirit was really touching her heart and she really wanted this in her life. She would lean over to her kids and say "Guys I really think this is what we need to do." They have a date to be baptized on the 17th of March. So they are very prepared and we are very excited to see them more. We were unable to see them for the rest of the week, but we are trying to find them so that we can teach them more. They are awesome.

We also have Mari. She is a lady that the Elders have been teaching for a while. She is a single mom of six. Yeah, six. It was one of the most humbling experiences of my mission thus far. Because that whole family only rents one room in an apartment, not the whole apartment. So they all live there. She is looking for something better to help her and bless her more. She was going towards baptism. Her kids had also attended mutual at the church, which is really awesome. We went over and talked to her this week about the importance of scripture study and praying. She is having a tough time with praying. We are hoping that we will be able to help her out with that. I know that we will. She was unable to come to church because of work as well. We know that we will be able to get her there. She is doing very well.

We also had a great family home evening with a member my first night here. It was the relatives of some members. Their names are Jessica, Julian, and Eric. We had a great lesson about the restoration and they accepted to be baptized. It was awesome. We were able to find them afterwards, but we know that we will be able to find them.

We are doing very well. We are going to do our very best to start to get more and more people all solidified for baptism. We just have to rely on the Lord. I know that if we can do that, we will see success. Thank you for your prayers. Please keep praying for us. I love you all

Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment