Monday, March 11, 2013

Letter for March 11, 2013


Hey all!

Wow, another week has flown by here in the mission field. I love it despite its challenges.  We are starting to see some great things happen here and we are doing great!

Transfers just passed and I'm still here in Santa Ana. I love it here. I'm also still with Elder Castaneda. We are working hard trying to find those ready to accept the restored gospel. We talk to so many people. I love it. We are still searching.  A lot of people are starting to come out of the woodwork. We just haven’t been able to teach a lot of them about the gospel in depth. We are getting there though!

We were still unable to teach Hilda, Jessica, and Albert again. When we stopped by they weren't home. We are praying so hard that we find them because they are so prepared. Hilda still wants to be baptized, which is still really awesome.  We are hoping and praying for a miracle with her.  Her date to be baptized was to be for this Sunday. It’s crazy how fast the time passes by. We are hoping and praying that we find her. 

We were able to teach Pete. I was on an exchange when Elders Castaneda and Vincent saw him. I guess he is really into finding the right church to join. He's had a lot of humbling experiences lately, which have driven him to God. This is the way God prepares his children to receive the gospel. So, he really wants to know. He is just having trouble with baptism because he knows what kind of commitment that is and he feels like he won't be able to live up to that commitment. I know he will because he will be able to take the sacrament and renew that covenant. So we hope he will be able to understand what a blessing that is! He has a date to be baptized (March 24). We are also teaching his sister who is just as prepared as he is. We are very excited about that. 

Mari is also doing very well. We've had to have patience with her and all because she is trying so hard to find out. She is so ready for the gospel. And she needs it so bad. Her father is giving her talks about why she needs to stay in the Catholic Church. Then we come in and talk about the need to be baptized into ours. We had a great discussion on the Book of Mormon and we explained to her that that is the way she is going to know what we say is true. We hope she will be able to read, pray and come to church. That way she will be able to receive her answer. I know she will. We are going to see some great things with her. 

I love this work. I know that little by little the Lord will bring to pass great and mighty things. We just need to have faith and do our best. Then we know that we did the Lord's will and we did our best and won't have any regrets. That is what I hope to do for the rest of my mission and for my life. I know that this is His work. This is His church. I love you all! We'll talk to you all soon

Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment