Thursday, March 8, 2012

Week Three and On We Go!

Hey all!!
Wow! It's hard to believe that i have been here for three weeks! next pday i will have my first month of my mission completed! weird huh? but what a week it has been!
So last week we got a new district. They seem to know quite a bit of spanish which is really impressive. haha wanna know something funny? one of the new elders in the district is 6 feet, and Eleven Inches tall! crazy huh? When i get a print i will send it to you asap! you should be getting a bunch of pictures within the coming week. the machine has been down so it's been delayed, but it will get there nonethe less!
So we are teaching two "investigators" claudio and lionel. Elder Farnsworth and i have been struggling with our progression with them. but they are progressing now! It's so hard to communicate with them when you don't know the language, but when you put your trust in God He will never let you down! it's been so incredible to see that as we have been teaching. I can also see progression in our spanish. we are now to the point where we just write a really basick lesson plan in english and that's it! no more scripts, just what we know off of what we have learned. it's amazing. when i heard taht you would learn more spanish in three weeks than in three years of high school i didn't belive it. but now let me testify that it does happen!!
So the food here is amazing. the reason why i'm telling you that is because i've gained six pounds since being here! haha at this rate i will gain like fifteen pounds! haha i find myself eating more and more everyday. so for you upcoming missionaries, just know that the food here is amazing! haha.
So Elder Farnsworth and I got new roommates. Elder Brinely (former district leader) left to go to the MTC in madrid spain. So a new trio was formed. Elder Lyman, Elder Nobles, and Elder Anderson are now a trio. So elder lyman moved into Elder Nobles and Elder Andersons room. Then Elder Tonga and Elder Seely moved into my room. I was so happy! Cause those Elders are so entertaining. in fact we were up late just messing around! which is bad, but i hope it'll get better cause i do like my sleep! haha
So let me just tell you taht i love prayer! what an amazing blessing it is to be able to speak to our Heavenly Father directly for blessings we need as well for others. I have had many prayers answered this week. This testifys to me taht God does listen to us. He loves us and wants to hear from us! So do not underestimate the power of prayer. It will bring you peace, joy, and guidance as you listen and look for those promptings.
So sunday was my first fast sunday. it was way different than what i expected! we couldn't eat til six. something i never really got used to growing up. plus testimony meeting was all in spanish. I wanted to go up, but i didn't. I know that next time i will be getting up and bear my testimony! That night we had a really fun fireside. Alex Boye, a professinal singer, came and spoke to us. What really hit me the most is when he said to us...if you don't think that you have a purpose here. let me be that testimony, because if it weren't for the missionaries. I would not know about this gospel. You will be remembered by those you teach. They will remember your name forever. So if you don't think you have a purpose for being a missionary, think again...i can remember thinking, holy smokes, someone is in anaheim, waiting for me to teach them. I need to better prepare myself so that i may be ready to teach them about Christ. Pretty amazing.
Later on that Night i watched a talk by Elder Bednar on recognizing the spirit. You wanna know what he said? He said that as long as your being a good boy/girl, keeping your covenants and doing your best. You don't need to worry, because the spirit will guide you automatically. Crazy huh? He shared a shory about how he gave Pres Packer money when he was a missionary in germany. it turned out because of that money he pretty much saved the Packers butts, or else they would have been stuck in germany. i'll write more about it because i'm running out of time.
What has been going on with everyone? is everyone doing okay? Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for all of your letters and packages! they make my whole day when i come home! keep me updated and i will do the same as soon as i can! i love you all!! Te amo mucho!!
Elder Dallin Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment