Monday, May 6, 2013

Letter for May 6, 2013


Hey everyone!
Another week has just flown by in the mission field. I swear they just keep flying faster and faster every week. Hard to believe we are already to May. Happy Cinco de Mayo by the way. There weren’t too many things going on in the neighborhoods yesterday. Normally on the weekends nights (Fri-Sun) we go out and tract and we can always hear parties going on. I love it. The people here know how to throw parties. They have their music going on. Sometimes if we get lucky we see a party with a mariachi band and everything. It’s legit! But that's what was going on yesterday. It was great fun! 

Anywho, things have been going pretty well out here in the beautiful city of Orange. I love being with Elder Garza. He is such a funny guy. Being with him is such a hoot. We always have a laugh. Well, he laughs at me because I laugh a lot at what he says. I always love to have a good laugh. That’s what makes life more fun! We always joke about weird things. Like how he believes that I’ve seen Peewee Herman’s Adventure even though I have no idea what show that is. I guess I quote a lot of lines and parts from it so he's convinced that I’ve seen it. I've also helped Elder Garza become a huge sports fan. (Ha-ha) He's asked me to tell him the teams that he should cheer for so for baseball I told him the Yankees, basketball the Washington Wizards, and football the Detroit Lions. Ha-ha we have fake arguments about why he likes those teams and stuff. He doesn't really watch sports so he doesn't know too much about them. Oh by the way, it's official. I'm now a die-hard Anaheim Angels fan! Ha-ha Go Angels! They are the best!! Elder Garza is great. He really knows the scriptures well and he teaches well too. He is really big into movies. He's a registered nurse too. He also likes to make films. He's a pretty cool guy and I love having him as my companion. 

We have been seeing some really cool things happen. We still haven't been able to see Suly, but we stopped by yesterday and spoke to her mother. She said that Suly is going through a lot of hard times right now and is really busy. I guess she's been reading pamphlets that we hand out at night though. We know that she is very interested. So we hope we can see her on Wednesday night because that was the time we set up to come back and to see her. We also were not able to find Yadira at all this week. We have heard that she is reading and praying to know about the truth, which is super awesome. We tried to get them to a Mother’s Day activity we had the other night. They were unable to come, but we hope to get her to church soon! 

We also had a great lesson with an investigator named Juan Sanchez. We had a good sit down lesson with him and taught him about the restoration of the gospel. He really liked it and accepted a date to be baptized on the 26 of May. We are really excited. We haven’t been able to find him though. He works a lot and so it's been difficult to find him. I know that we will find him though! I’m really excited! 

Really other than that we have been spending a lot of time tracting. Knocking on doors and doing all sorts of stuff. Trying to find someone to teach! We have found some good potentials that we hope to turn into investigators that way we can get them going onto the waters of baptism. It's been pretty hot and so we come home all sweaty and stuff. It's the best! I love it! I know that the Lord will guide us. We just have to trust Him and follow those promptings. Which is exactly our plan! 

Well that is basically it. Nothing much to report. Oh, we had a cool ward activity on Saturday for Mother’s Day. We had a dinner for all the mothers where the youth did a lot of dances and skits for the moms. It was really fun. But the coolest part was at the very end when they invited all the fathers to come up to the front to sing a classic song dedicated to mothers in the Hispanic culture. On the stage there was a curtain, and as it opened, a mariachi band was there. There were two guys on the trumpets, two on the violin, and two on the guitar.  They played some songs and it was soooo cool. It was great fun! I’ll get pictures to you all next week. 

I'm hearing of a lot of things going on back home and it's really exciting to hear. I hear my home has lost a lot of the trees and everything. That will be so crazy to come home to and see. I love you all! This work is the Lord's work. I’m really excited for this week. It’s going to be good. Like today for p-day we are going to eat at a way good Mexican restaurant called Rincon Chilango and then play some sports. We have three appointments tonight. One with Yadira and I’m really excited. It’ll be good. I love you all! Feliz dia de Madre’s!

Elder Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment