Monday, April 29, 2013

Letter for April 29, 2013


Hey everyone! 
Man! It has been a crazy week out here in the mission! So, I was suppose to get a new missionary to train with Elder Vincent. As we were transferring and getting the apartment ready for the visa waiter I got a call from the Assistants to the President. They told me that I was being moved again to another area with a new companion. Ha-ha it was crazy! So after the initial transfer I got transferred again. Ha-ha another emergency transfer. It was crazy. So I’ve been moved to another Santa Ana ward and I cover a part of the city of Orange and Santa Ana. I'm back to a car and my companion's name is Elder Garza. He has been out on his mission for about 18 months. He is from Texas and he is a great missionary. We have really been going at it. He’s already been in the area for about 3 months. So he knows a bit about the area. We have been in finding mode and it's really been fun. The weather has been great so it's been perfect for being out, walking and knocking doors! We have been working really hard and we have had a successful week! I love the ward too. We have a recently called area seventy in the ward. Elder Acosta. He was the stake president of our stake right before he got called this last conference. He was the last ward mission leader here too. We have a solid ward and I’m really excited to be here and to work with everyone here. Here we go! 

Our first day here was really fun. We went out and started with knocking and we were all over the place. We found a great new investigator. Her name is Suly. She is a young woman who has two sons. We contacted her on the street. We were with a recent convert who knows everyone in his neighborhood. We were in an apartment complex looking for an investigator when we saw a little kid running around and playing. This recent convert (whose name is Jorge) yelled at the kid "Hey! Se encuentra tu mama Suly?" he said "Si" and got her. She was expressing to us how she has been having some hard times recently and how she is starting to try to change her life around. She's starting to read the Bible for the first time. We told her how much the gospel could really bless her and her family's life and you could see in her eyes the sincerity of how much she really wants something like that. She loved it and invited us back to her home. We haven’t been able to find her in her home since, but we found her mom who told us when Suly's usually home. We are very excited and we know that she will love the gospel. 

We have a few baptismal dates. One that was already set before I got here was a lady named Lourdes. She is a great and really nice woman. She is really set on being baptized. I guess the only thing that is keeping her back is that she has a difficulty coming to church on Sunday’s. In order to be baptized she has to come at least two Sunday’s. She works a lot on Sunday’s and that's why. We are going to try to help her and see what we can do to help her get work off on Sunday. She loves reading from the Book of Mormon and all that we teach. We just have to help her get to church. She had a date to get baptized on the 5th of May. But we will be switching it to a later date. 

We had a great experience on Saturday too. We were out trying to find an investigator that they had been teaching for a while. We knocked on the door and a lady that lives in the same apartment as the investigator told us that the investigator wasn't home, but we then asked her if we could share a message of the gospel with her. She invited us in. We had a member of the bishopric with us so we went inside. She told us how she has a nephew back in Mexico who just got baptized and joined the church. He would always tell her about how awesome the church is and all. Her parents even went to church out there in Mexico. It was awesome! We had a great lesson about the restoration and she gladly accepted a date to be baptized on the 19th of May. It was soooo good! She seems really solid too. So we are going to get her church. And she is doing well! 

We are finding a lot of new and great people. I love this mission. We are seeing so many miracles. I’m hearing of a lot of miracles occurring in other areas I’ve been in too. I love the work. I know it is the Lord's work. I feel so good. I love it. I love you all! I hope that you all stay well. 

Love, Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

[This is the letter Dallin wrote me today.  I thought it was cute and shows more of his personality.  I hope he doesn’t mind it being on the blog]

Hey dad,
Good to hear from you. I'm glad all is well back home. I guess I just wanna tell you I love you and I’m really glad that God has blessed me with a father like you. I love you and I’m so grateful for you in my life. Thanks for the update on everything. I’m really happy right now. It’s been a crazy week. Oh by the way. I have been playing the piano since I left. I get to play sometimes in the priesthood opening exercises or at district meetings. It’s really fun. I will try to cut on weight. I think I’m about 200 lbs. right now. Oh, I was gonna ask you. Do you think it would be okay if I could get a new suit? I have one. But I’ve had it since I graduated from high school and it’s getting tight. I know of a place that has suits for about 88-100 dollars. What do you think? 
I love you. Thank you so much for everything. Talk soon :)
Dallin
[This is to his mother]
Hey momma,
All is well here. Glad it's the same there. I’m sorry to hear about Camers. [Cameron, Dallin’s little brother bit a hole in his tongue] Poor little guy. I’ll be sure to keep him in my prayers. I always do, but for sure! Ha-ha! Yeah I’m going to follow your advice for cutting back and losing weight. I never thought I would have to say that at the age I’m at but I am! Ha-ha but I’ll be good. I know I can eat better and I’m going to cut back on everything. I got the package. Thank you so much I loved it!

I love it here. Thank you so much for you letter. I’m loving it here and I love the mission. I hope all stays well mom. I love you and keep it going! We will talk soon! Love you!

Dallin

No comments:

Post a Comment