Monday, April 22, 2013

Letter for April 22, 2013


Hey all!!
Wow, what another crazy week it has been here! Well, the transfer call has come. I have been released from being the district leader and I've been called to train a new missionary once again! The fun part about this one is that it's actually not going to be a missionary that will stay here. It's a visa waiter who was reassigned to come here until he obtains his visa to go to his assigned area. So I’ve been assigned to a companion who will co-train with me. I will be with Elder Vincent and the visa waiter. I won’t be picking him up until tomorrow, but we are really excited. I've changed areas as well. I’m still in the Santa Ana Ward. I just switched to a different area in the ward. I will still be on bike as well. We are very excited because the area is really starting to pick up. We are experiencing the wave of missionaries. We are getting 33 new missionaries. So crazy! We are excited to get to work. This area is going to be awesome and I’m really excited to work here! Elder Castaneda will be staying in the area and will be training a new missionary as well. We are going to have 10 missionaries assigned to our ward. We are coming! We are going to see some great miracles these next six weeks together! Lets work! 

Okay, so Marcos didn't get baptized. It was kind of a bummer, but we learned that we needed to postpone his baptism to a later date. We are still teaching him and he is doing very well. He came to church and liked it again. We are going to continue to work with him until we can get him to baptism. I love the guy and I’m going to miss him a lot. 

We are also seeing Mari. We were unable to see her and teach her this week. We had a great experience when we went by one day and checked up on her to see how she was doing. Elder Castaneda asked her if she had been reading and praying about the Book of Mormon and she said she had been. We asked her if she thought it was true. She said that she does believe that it is true. What a miracle. She has never told us that before. She is progressing very well. We are still in pursuit to getting her a new job and helping her out with getting to church. I know that we will be able to get her to baptism. She is so close. I know she will be baptized. Now we are working on a date. 

We also weren't able to visit the Alcantar family. The dad got a job, which now occupies most of his time, and it's really difficult to find him. We came back to their home last night and they told us that they are reading from the Book of Mormon and praying. I'm going to miss them too and I hope that they will be able to be baptized on the 5th of May. 

That is basically what is going on! I’m hearing about a lot of cool things going on back home! Shout out to my brothers doing so well in their sports! Jalon too. I hear he is doing very well which is so good! I love you guys so much! I can’t wait to get to the new area and work! I love you all so much! Hear from you soon!

Elder Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment