Monday, May 13, 2013

Letter for May 13, 2013


Hey everyone! 
So first off, I just wanna give a little shout out to my mom! Happy Mother's day Mom! It was so great to be able to talk to you on Skype. The time went by so quickly, but it was so good to be able to see everyone! I love you mom. You are the best! I'm so grateful that our Heavenly Father blessed me with such a great mom. 

We had a lot of fun this week and saw a lot of great miracles too. I loved it. P-day last week ended kind of funny. So I guess the Hermanas from my last district made a cake for me, ha-ha. I was their district leader and they knew I have a great love for chocolate cake. So they made it and they told me to eat it right off the plate. As I was going in for it my lovely companion and my district leader smashed my face in the cake. Ha-ha it was great fun. That is a tradition known among Hispanics that they do for birthdays. It was really funny. Ha-ha Another fun thing that we did is we had a dinner with some fun members. They are the Acosta family. The father was the last stake president here. He got released and last conference he got called to be an area seventy. Ha-ha it was awesome. So we ate dinner with him at his home. No big deal. I just had dinner with a general authority of the church. Elder Acosta is the man! He is fan of the Anaheim Angels (As am I). Ha-ha those were some fun things that happened this week. As well as it is starting to burn up here in Anaheim! Ha-ha it was in the 90's yesterday and it was the mid 80's at 10:30 this morning! So crazy. It's gonna be a good and hot summer. 

I just got some great news guys. I just talked to my old companion elder Castaneda. He told me that they would be having a baptism this Sunday. Get this, they are baptizing 5 people! All of which we found and taught together. Remember Joby and her family? They are getting baptized as well as Mari. What a miracle! All to the Lord on that one. What a blessing! So amazing. The Lord really is helping us out here. So great. I'm so excited for them! I guess they are pretty solid too. Wow! 

We had some great miracles out here in the area. We found an apartment occupied by two men (Daniel and Alan). They live with a recent convert that just got here from Mexico. They let us into their house on Saturday and we taught them about the restoration and they really liked it. Which is really interesting because I’ve found on my mission that the men are more receptive than the women. But they are really interested and accepted to be baptized and to come to church. They all came to church yesterday and they really enjoyed it. We had a scare because Alan left Elders quorum for some reason. We thought he had gone to the bathroom. 15 min past by and he wasn't back. So we thought he got lost in the building. We all went around and looked in every single room and he wasn't in the building. Ha-ha he left in the middle of church and we didn't know where he went. So we went home and then went to a member’s home and called our families. Worried that something had happened. We went over to his home and thank goodness he was there and everything was all good. He just had to take care of some family things. Ha-ha that was fun. They are a miracle. They were the first investigators to church this area has had in 14 weeks. Another miracle. 

We are still teaching Yadira. She didn't come to church so we are going to have to postpone her baptism for a bit or so. She is reading and is praying too. So she is doing pretty good. We are excited for her and her progress. 

We finally had a sit down lesson with Suly. She loved the restoration. She was having some serious family issues that she had to resolve. They got resolved and now she has more time. So we talked to her about the restoration and she loved it. She was unable to come to church so we are going to work with her on that. 

That is basically it. We are seeing miracle upon miracle out here in the mission field! I love it. I love being out here in the mission! I can't wait to talk next week! Love you all!

Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment