Monday, December 2, 2013

Letter for December 2, 2013


Hey everyone!
Another great week has swooped by here in Santa Ana. I love it, every bit! We had a great Thanksgiving this week. I heard about the one back home and it sounded like a lot of fun! I hope all were able to reflect on what they are grateful for in their lives. I have much to be thankful for. I'm SOOO grateful for my family and for the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is what helps me carry through all my trials and difficulties. I don't know where I would be without it! I know that is the reason why I’m out here participating in this great work. To help others be able to participate in the great blessings that come from the gospel. It will affect generations and generations. I'm grateful for the missionaries who taught my family in 1838. Since then at least five generations of family have been affected by the gospel. So amazing! It just goes to show that this work really is the work of God.

We have been on a search! We have been searching for a lot of new people to teach. Ana and Jorge were progressing a little. They are such a great family and I love them so much. They just aren’t sticking to it. Which really makes me sad. We brought a great member over with us to help invite them to church. Ana and Jorge said they wanted to come because they believe it would be a great time for their kids to learn more about God and be able to become the women that they need to become. We were excited. I've been trying to get them to come to church for the last three months now. So we were super duper excited. They didn't come. It about broke my heart. So it looks like if they don't start acting soon we will have to stop teaching them and continue in search of someone who is hungering and willing to act. It's really hard for me because of the relationship I’ve developed with them. Please keep them in your prayers. 

We did find a cool new lady name Josefina. She has about four kids and has another kid on the way. She is due when I go home.   Anyway she told us how she didn't live the best life before. She ended up in the hospital and told God that if He would help her she would go to church and change her ways. She did just that. She's talked to missionaries before and wanted us to stop by and teach her more. We began to teach her and her kids. They are super awesome. We hope that we can continue to help them become more familiar with the gospel. They have a lot of great potential and I'm really excited to be able to begin teaching them!

So a funny story of the week: So you know about a year and a half ago I got bit on the leg by a Chihuahua and I had to go to the hospital? Ever since then I’ve been a little more attentive and nervous around dogs. Well, we were on our way to visit an investigator. I saw a dog out of the corner of my eye. It was not on a leash and was in the middle of the street. Then out of nowhere I hear running and barking. It was not just one dog, but 2 dogs!! They chased after us in the middle of the street. They got about 2 feet from us. I just stayed put and was ready to kick one of them as hard as I could. They didn't bite us. I thought they were going to though. We tried to make our way back to our car and they came back at us! So we had to walk all the way around. We were quite a ways a way from our car and the dogs were right next to the car. I decided to try to use the panic button on our car to scare them away...and it worked. We got to our car and drove off! I almost got bit again! My heart about stopped too! It is funny looking back. I don't know why they always come after us!!

Well I hope you all have a great week! I love you all! 

Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment