Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Letter for December 18, 2013


Hey Everyone!

Wow! It's hard to believe that it's already been over a week since I last emailed you all! We had to change our p-day because on Monday we were training our zone on how to use Facebook in the missionary work. So now all missionaries in our mission will start using Facebook as a part of their work. It's really exciting to see! I love it!  We had interviews with President Bowen yesterday too so we couldn't have our p-day then. So it's today! I loved having interviews with President Bowen! He is a powerful man and I want to be just like him. I look up to him so much. I'm so grateful I have him as my mission president. He is the best!

Elder Prieto and I have been very busy. At the same time we have been working super duper hard. That family that I told you about that had the passing in the family is doing pretty good. We haven't been able to visit them lately because they are still working on a funeral. The problem is they don't have a budget sufficient to be able to hold a funeral. We thought it would be best to visit them after the funeral was held. So we are still waiting for that to happen. We haven't been able to see the Ruiz family much. Everyone lately has been busy with Christmas coming up and stuff like that. We have been able to meet some really cool new people though! Last Wednesday we set up an appointment with a lady we ran into while knocking doors. Her name is Kim. She is still fairly young. We brought a member with us to teach her about the restoration of the gospel. I asked her, "How have you seen the love of God manifested in your life?" that really set the tone for the rest of the lesson as she was able to share with us an experience that was really precious to her. We continued to teach her about how her family can be together forever. She accepted to be baptized on Jan 12th!! She is really awesome! Now we are going to work on getting the rest of the family involved. They too have been really busy due to Christmas. But we are going to see some great things with her.

We have some great members over here in Santa Ana. They do so well with sharing the gospel and inviting their friends to listen to us. We got a referral from a member. We got the address and went over to visit her. Her name is Rosario. We don't know too much about her. What I do know is that she's interested in learning more about the gospel. We knocked on the door and she immediately invited us right in. We couldn't go in due to the fact that she was home alone, but we set up an appointment to see her soon. She knows more than one member of our ward. The first member she mentioned was different than the one she was referred from. So she's already got a few fellow shippers. It's awesome!

Our zone is doing so well. We are so blessed to be here in this part of the Lord's vineyard right now. I love this work. I know that Jesus is the Christ I know that through Him we can one day live in the presence of Father. I'm so grateful for that it's through His gospel that makes it possible.

I love you all. I hope you have a great week!!

Elder Dallin Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment