Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Letter from September 4, 2012


Hey all!

This week has been a great week. We have seen a miracle here in the
Anaheim 11th ward!

So this last Sunday we had a baptismal service for Rachelle. It was a
great program. We got started really late because the family of
Rachelle didn't have a ride to get to the baptism. So Brother Guerrero,
our ward mission leader, went out and got them and brought them to the
baptism. Everything went surprisingly smoothly. It was very nice. I was
the one who performed the baptism. Rachelle was sooooo nervous, but
she got in the water and did such a great job with everything. So
after the ordinance we usually have the bearing of testimonies while
the two people are changing. I got done changing and I got back to the
room where we were having the service, and I saw President Bowen
bearing his testimony in Spanish. It was so legit!!! So when he got
called to be president of our mission he actually got a call to
prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language. Just like when I
received my call. So he's been studying Spanish ever since he became
president of our mission. He did such a great job. He is a stud. I am
proud to say that I have the best mission president in the world!!

So the baptism went really good. Now the next ones we are going to
work on are Genesis and Lilia. Now we have a problem with both of
them. So in order to meet the qualifications to be baptized you have
to come to church at least two times in a row. So in order for them to
be able to be baptized on the ninth they had to come to church last
Sunday. Neither one of them came to church. We had a ride ready for
Lilia, but she called the ride and said she was super sick and
couldn't come to church. Genesis didn't come because she told us that
she was going to help her mom prepare food for the baptism. We have
been slowly losing Genesis over the past few weeks. She tries to avoid
us, she doesn’t seem to pay too much attention when we talk with her
and teach her. Also, we went over the law of chastity with her, and
she doesn't believe that one of the parts of the law of chastity
should be considered a sin. So she has a huge doubt that we have to
help her overcome. I have no idea how we are going to do that, but I
know that the spirit will be able to help us out and we'll get her
there.

Lilia is doing solid. She has read all of the pamphlets that we have
given her, she's reading out of the Book of Mormon, she is doing
awesome. Really if she had the interview tomorrow she would pass it
with flying colors. She just has to get to church. That is the only
problem that we are having with her. We will get her there though. If
she doesn't I have no idea what we are going to do. So we will be
preparing her for the 16th of September to be baptized.

We haven’t been able to find Diana too much. She hasn’t been able to
come to church either because of work. So we are going to invite her
to change her job or ask for Sunday’s off. She’s reading from the Book
of Mormon and is doing well as far as I know.

So I ran into an investigator I dropped while I was being trained in
La Habra, WE started to teach him again. Hopefully he makes some
progress. Or else we will drop him super quickly.

We have had so much fun this week. We had our good and our bad days.
This week was actually the best week in my mission as far as teaching
goes. We taught 25 lessons. It was tiring, but thank goodness the
weather here is starting to cool down a little bit. So now we will be
able to work hard and see some more success. We have a lot of great
potentials coming up. Next week will someone ask me about Leticia? She
is so going to get baptized.

I'm so grateful for all of the great things I have learned on my
mission. I have learned so much here in just six months. I can’t wait
to continue to learn a lot more, for there is a lot more that I can
learn. I love you all so much and I thank you for the support of you
guys! I am so blessed. I have been so blessed with so many great
things. Thank you all! I will keep you in my prayers always. If there
is anything I can do for you, let me know.

Les amo siempre! la iglesia es verdadera!

Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment