Monday, January 13, 2014

Letter for January 13, 2014


Wow!
What a week it has been this week. I can't believe that in a month’s time I will be heading back to the Ville! In the meanwhile, we have been working hard in bringing the children of God back to His fold. I'm sorry I don't have much time to write, but I'm going to try my best!

We haven't been able to teach the Arroyo family all week. We think part of it is because they've been so busy lately. We also think the dad has fallen back into his old habits and is embarrassed to tell us about it. There have been many signs of it around. We hope that we can find him tonight and help him get back on the right track. The family didn't go to church either. We also found out by the kids that there are some other Law of Chastity issues. So we don't think that the parents will be ready for a while. We are going to focus on getting them to church so we can get the kids baptized. Then later on will come the parents. They are an awesome family and I love them to death! We hope that we can get them going.

Kately, we had a miracle experience with her. We asked her if she had talked to her father, and she said she did. He told her that he would respect any decision that she wanted to make as far as religion goes. That is a huge step! Her father has never accepted that before with the former elders. She’s been taught everything already and could essentially get baptized whenever she wants to. We are gong to help her get some friends from the ward so she's around good influences. She really needs it right now for how young she is. We are excited for her and can’t wait to get her going for the 26th of Jan!

We went on exchanges on Thursday! That was a lot of fun! I got to go with Elder Farnsworth and I went to my old area in Garden Grove. We went and visited a lot of old investigators that I had been teaching down there! Some actually accepted the invitation to be baptized!  It was amazing! That was a fun exchange even though Elder Farnsworth was a little under the weather! I love that guy so much!

I’m out of computer time but that was the week in a nutshell. We hope to continue to see more good things throughout the week! I love you all and I hope you have a great week!!

Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment