Monday, November 18, 2013

Letter for November 18, 2013


Hey all!
Hey I just wanted to start this letter out by saying a big ‘ol FELIZ CUMPLEANOS!!!! to Cameron!!!! Happy birthday big guy! I hope you had a great day yesterday! Congrats on making your basketball team and winning your first game! I'm so proud of you and all the things you are doing right now! Love you man! I can't wait to see you soon!

Speaking of having a great day.... we witnessed a huge miracle yesterday. Clara Ramoz got baptized. That's right I said it. Clara Ramoz got baptized. It was amazing. Remember last week I said that she wanted to postpone her date for a few weeks due to problems with her husband. That all turned around this week. We went over on Monday night and tried to talk to her and see how she was doing. We went over there and her husband came home when we were there. He was totally drunk. He hasn't gone a day without drinking in years. I mean years. He got caught up in an argument with her and we were right in the middle of it! It was pretty crazy what happened. He tried to involve us in it and we just wouldn't have it. It was so sad. We went to the mission office the next day and I was talking to Sister Wade who is our secretary. She was telling us how she had a similar experience with this and how hard and scary the situation really is. I invited her and her husband to come to a lesson with us so she could give Sister Ramoz some advice. That was one of the most powerful lessons I've ever had on my mission. We translated for her. Sister Wade shared her story and how Sister Ramoz needed to put trust in the Lord and His church and that all would turn out well. Sis Wade has had two marriages with husbands with addictions. She said it was hard to leave them and continue on. She knew that she had to trust the Lord and she got a divorce with them. She told and testified to Sister Ramoz that she needed to do the same. Sister Wade is happily married in the temple with Elder Wade. Sister Ramoz was so impacted to see that it's really possible that she can overcome this trial in her life. We read with her in D&C 121:7-9. Also Mosiah 2:38, and 41. Telling her that this is possible. I was impressed to invite her to be baptized this Sunday. She accepted. It was so powerful. We went over everyday to get her ready for the interview. She came to a temple grounds tour we had at Newport Beach. We had a beautiful service. She was so happy and she was bawling throughout the whole service. It was so great. It was such a miracle of the Lord. I'm so grateful that I had the chance to be apart of it. I had the privilege of baptizing her. It was so powerful. She got up after she was baptized and bore a powerful testimony on how she knows that the Lord will help her get through these problems. She thanked Elder Prieto and I for teaching her. She called me her Godfather...haha! The whole congregation got a kick out of that. Bishop told me that they are going to call me Godfather from now on, ha-ha! I loved it. What a miracle. We are seeing so many miracles over here. I have feelings a lot like Ammon. I’m so grateful that I can be an instrument in the Lords hands. I love it. Transfers are today. I'm staying with my same comp in the same area for another six weeks. We are going to see more miracles! I love it! Have a great week!

Elder Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment