Monday, June 17, 2013

Letter for June 17, 2013


Hey all!!
Wow! What another crazy week it has been again out here in sunny southern California. Out here in the best mission in the entire world! Ha-ha I love it out here and we have witnessed a lot of miracles out here in the area and even in the zone! It's awesome and just makes us super happy! I just want to give a shout out to my father, because it was Father's Day yesterday and I didn't have the chance to talk yesterday. Dad, happy Fathers Day. I have the best dad anyone could ever ask for! My Heavenly Father really has blessed me. Dad, thanks for all of your wise advice and counsel you give me all the time. Thanks for all the laughs and the times we've had so far together. We are going to continue to have great times like those for forever! Ha-ha Dad, I love you and I’m so grateful for you.

We had another great miracle on Tuesday. Elsa Got baptized!!! YAAAHHHOOO!!! She is doing awesome. Even though I haven’t' been in the area for a very long time I’ve known her for a while. She has made such a great change in her life. She looks the happiest since I’ve known her. She always has such a great radiating smile on her face now. What great power comes from following the gospel. She's doing so well. A member of our ward, Frank, baptized her. He was really excited about that too. All the youth were involved as well as the relief society, she has a lot of great friends. She was very social yesterday at church too. So she is doing amazing and she's going to make a great member of the church.

The sisters in our district had a baptism as well. They had theirs yesterday though. We have the keys to all the stuff they needed so we had to stay and help out with it. I guess some of their people that were planning to be in the program didn't show up because right before the program started they asked me if I would speak on the Holy Ghost. Ha-ha As always I was honored to be able to do that. They baptized a little girl. It was a miracle because her mom is actually a member. She spoke at the baptism as well. She is a less active member. She told us that she had not been to church in 13 years. Yeah, just a little while, eh?  Now that her daughter is baptized she plans on going more and more and she hopes that all of her family will eventually come back into activity. How powerful that was. Just the decision to get baptized by a nine year old made such an impact on her family. So amazing. They are doing very well. Those sisters are really doing some great work over there. I’m so proud of our zone.

We had a great day yesterday. The only bummer is that we didn't have any investigators that came to church. Saul and Elsa were confirmed members of the church yesterday. That was so great and I could feel the spirit so strongly. I had the privilege of confirming Saul. Ha-ha I love that guy and he is doing really well. Ever since he has been baptized every problem that he has been having is being solved and figured out. He is really experiencing what it says in Mosiah 2:41. So that is good. I already talked about Elsa. She's doing really well. Now our next plan of action is to start teaching their family the gospel. Elsa has a son that was being taught by missionaries. Saul has a few of his children that live by him. So we hope to get them involved as well!

Okay. So I don't have too much time, but right now we are trying to find more people to teach. So next week expect us to be reporting a lot of new people out here. We are working with a bunch of people and we are now just in the mode of filtering. We had a cool experience yesterday where a person who was referred to us from a member came to church yesterday. It was funny because we got the referral and contacted them. Then Elder Acosta, the area seventy in our area and ward, invited them to church. They weren't the original members that referred them to us. Ha-ha so the Lord is really preparing them to listen to the gospel. They invited us to their home and we are going to begin to teach them.

Ha-ha okay, funny story to end the letter. Yesterday we were out tracting and we went to a home, which we contacted not too long ago. There was a little Chihuahua dog out in their front yard. I think you all can see where I’m going with this. Ha-ha Normally the dog was tied down and would bark at us when we would stop by. But it wasn't tied up this time...ha-ha and it charged me like it was going to attack me. Now, I remind you all that I was attacked and bitten by a dog about this time last year... ha-ha so I jumped really hard when it charged us. But the dog just pretended like it was going to bite us but never really did. Ha-ha it chased us down the whole block! It was ridiculous!! Ha-ha but we didn't get bitten so it was all good! Ha-ha things we deal with as missionaries sometimes. I about drop kicked that thing, ha-ha!

I love this work. I love you all Thank you for everything! Can’t wait to hear from you all soon!

Elder Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment