Friday, February 15, 2013

Letter for February 11, 2013


Hey everyone!

What a great week has it been. I had my birthday this past Thursday. I'm now 20 years old. Wow, so crazy to think about that, but it was a great day in which I had the honor of teaching a district meeting. Ha-ha my comp Elder Burrup is so awesome. He made me French toast for breakfast.  I'm so blessed to have such a great comp like Elder Burrup. It’s been a great week where we have been having success in our area and as well the other areas of the district. We are super stoked for these next few weeks.

So we are still teaching Daisy. She is to the point where she is reading the Book of Mormon daily. That is so great. Now we are working on the praying part. She feels really torn between our church and a Christian church that her family attends. We had a great lesson with her about how it's so important to pray. We know that it was by prayer that Joseph Smith was able to receive the answer to the burning question of the soul. We know that it's something that is so key. It takes two parts to receive the answer reading and praying. We know that the Book of Mormon is the evidence that what we are sharing is true. So to be able to receive an answer about it is key. We reset a goal to prepare her to be baptized on the 17th of this month. We are going to work our very hardest to be able to prepare her for baptism. Will you all please pray for her? We know that a miracle can be brought to pass if we can all just pray the hardest we can for her.

We are still seeing Anita. She has been having a lot of problems. Right now she just got kicked out of her apartment. She almost had no place to go. Luckily she was able to find a place to move to just down the street. So this last Saturday we helped her move all of her stuff to a garage while she gets the new place ready to go to move into. Then we will help her move on Saturday. She hasn't been able to read or pray about the Book of Mormon. She wasn't able to go to stake conference either yesterday. We are going to continue to visit Anthony and Jose so that way they can stay active. They are doing well and are continuing to grow. They have changed a lot since their baptism in October. It is really neat to see how much growth can come from making such a great and positive decision like they did. So we hope and pray that she will have the desire to do those things.

We are still seeing the Familia Villegas. They were happy that I didn't leave ha-ha. We are still working on helping them read and pray. We hope that they are able to get those desires to pray so we can help them understand more. We are still on the search for Brenda. We are also seeing Fernanda more. She is little by little gaining more interest in us. Fernanda’s family is awesome. They fed us for my birthday. They even got me a classic Mexican birthday cake. Ha-ha it was awesome and they were so great to make my birthday special to me. They are a great family. I hope that they will be able to see the joys that come form the gospel more and more as we continue to stop by.

We found some really cool new people to teach. The first one I want to talk about is a couple named Araceli and Jose. They are a referral we received from our zone leaders a while ago. One day we were tracting and I had a feeling to go over there and talk to them. They weren't available at the time, but we were able to set up an appointment. We came back and taught the mom, Araceli, the restoration of the Gospel. She accepted it very easily. She is wondering why there are so many churches, and which of all them is the right one. As you could imagine, I got really excited. We went on to explain about Joseph Smith, and she loved it. We invited her to be baptized and she accepted it really easily. She didn't accept a certain date. We know how excited she is though. We are very happy about that find. I can't believe that we hadn't stopped by earlier. Good thing I was able to listen to the spirit on that one. Who knows what could've happened if I wouldn't have listened.

The next really cool person is Aldrianna. She is a mom and has three really young boys. Ha-ha it reminded me a lot of my own home. But we had stopped by a bunch of times without really having that good opportunity to teach her. We came back one day and taught her the restoration. She has a solid background reading the bible, but is not attending a church right now. She accepted the restoration very well. After we explained bout the great apostasy I asked her "So where is the original church that Christ set on the earth today?" She said, "well, none of them are the right one, so we just have to pick the closest one to the truth and follow it. Right?" I knew that she understood what we were teaching her. Which was awesome. We went on to teach and testify about Joseph Smith and the restoration of the church. We invited her to read and pray. She also accepted to be baptized on the 10th of March. We got way excited. She seems like she has great potential.

Well that is about it for my week. Things are going great and are really starting to pick up. That gets me excited and anxious to go out and work! I will be completing the first year as a missionary this Thursday. Hard to believe. I hope that I can continue to be just like the sons of Mosiah where they say that they were instruments in the hands of the Lord. Bringing more and more of Gods children to the knowledge of the truth. That is my purpose right now. I know that as we trust in the Lord and work, we will find success. Please keep us, and our investigators, in your prayers. I know that through our faith, God will help us out. I love you all. Please stay safe.

Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment