Saturday, December 22, 2012

Letter from December 22, 2012


Hey all!

Sorry I don't have too much time to write, but I thought I would mention a few highlights of the week and how everything is going in Garden Grove!

This week has been amazing. We’ve been so busy getting ready for Christmas and teaching. We are seeing some amazing progress with Brenda. We went over to teach her about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I asked her about her reading in the Book of Mormon. She was able to recite what she had read by memory. She read the introduction and 2 Nephi 31. She loved it and is getting ready to be baptized on the 6th. We were so blessed to find her. She has been very prepared by the Lord to listen to the missionaries. She loved church this last Sunday is getting excited about this Sunday. Her daughter Britana is loving church too. They came to an activity we had for the ward and loved it. Brenda was helping out the relief society with serving the food. Britana was playing around with the other children. They loved it. We as missionaries had to do a skit in front of the whole ward. It was great fun. We also found a ton of new and great people to teach. We had a really neat experience where a member brought his relative to us asking for a blessing. We went to another room to perform it. It was going to be given to a nine-year-old non-member who was getting ready to have surgery on his foot (of course). I was talking to him about the procedure that was to be performed. He was getting his flat feet fixed through taking care of one of the tendons. You could tell that this boy was pretty nervous about it. I put my hand on his shoulder and went on to explain to him that my father is a podiatrist and that I know a lot about what he does. I told him that he will be good and that he doesn't need to be afraid about the surgery, and how the doctors are experienced and will take good care of him. I think that brought him a lot of comfort. I had the privilege of performing the blessing where I basically said the same things. It was powerful. I love exercising the power of the priesthood. When I do this I am able to realize that we really do hold the power of God and are able to act in His name for the blessing of others. I think he went out feeling a lot better. It was a really neat experience.

We are continuing to teach Rosio. She actually came to church last week. We haven't been able to find her much this week. We are hoping and praying that she comes to church this Sunday. Same with Juan.

Well that is basically it. We are finding a ton. We have been staying very busy this week. Teaching a lot. Doing well. I love being here doing this work. I hope you all have a merry Christmas!! And a happy new year!!

Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment