Monday, July 15, 2013

Letter for July 15, 2013


Hey everyone!
Wow, Another week has flown by out here in the mission field. I want to first off say congrats to my folks back home. My parents will be having their 23rd wedding anniversary. I love them so much and I’m so grateful that they are my parents! I have the best parents in the world! Thanks mom and dad, I love you both so much.  My cousin Easton was ordained an Elder this week. Congrats man! I'm so dang proud of you! You are going to be such a great missionary out there in Argentina! I’m gonna miss you too. But I’m so excited for you!
 It seems that with the more time you are out in the field the faster transfers go by. We just had transfers not too long ago and here they are again. We are staying together. I'm still with Elder Robinson! We are stoked. I’m going to be "killing" Elder Robinson, meaning I’m going to be his last companion out here on his mission. He goes home after this next transfer. Which is so crazy because he was one of the first missionaries I met when I got here. So it's crazy!
We had a pretty good week last week. Liliana came to church! Yahoooooo! Since we felt so bad about what happened last week we told here that we were going to walk with her to church. We also called a member of the relief society, who had accompanied us to a lesson the week previous, to come with us. So that way Liliana would have a friend at church and wouldn't feel uncomfortable. The member really did a great job at taking her in and showing her around and  explaining what the services are all about. Everyone was friendly with her and that was so great. I love that because almost all the members in our ward are converts and know exactly what she is going through. So they really took her in quite well. She is still progressing to baptism on the 28th of July. She is so awesome and it's so cool to see how applying the gospel in her life is really making such a difference. She reads and prays everyday. Something she never did before. She is even noticing the difference in herself as well. She is really eating it up! So it's awesome! We are very excited for her. We have a great lesson plan for tonight, so we hope and pray that she continues on and progresses towards the waters of baptism! :)

We had a cool experience finding someone new. His name is Richy. He is seventeen. We kept stopping by his families apartment and asking for his parents and he always said they weren't home. So we decided to stop by and teach him. His mom was there and said that he's never really gone to church and if he wants to join then he can. We had a really neat lesson with him. The spirit was there and I loved it. We invited him to read and to pray and he accepted. It was so awesome. He even accepted a date to be baptized as well. We are going to work with him and get him going. It really was a miracle. He is an awesome kid and is going to make a great member of the church.

Well I’m out of computer time. I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week this week. I know that the church is true! Love you all!

Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment