Monday, January 14, 2013

Letter for January 14, 2013


Hey everyone!

Sorry I don't have too much time to type right now, but since Wednesday we have had a lot of great things happen.


Brenda was unable to get baptized this Sunday. It was very difficult to contact her. I guess she just picked up another job so now she's working in the mornings and the afternoons. So it's been difficult to find her. Once, we set up a time to see her and we were a little late. We booked it to her house and she hadn't gotten home yet. We are praying so hard that we can find her so we can help her get baptized. She has a strong testimony of the gospel, so we know that she has that desire. We just need to find her. Ha-ha it's hard to teach someone you can never find right? We know that we'll find her and help her out.

We are also teaching Daisy. She said she was going to come to church, but was unable to this Sunday. She had some things she had to take care of, but she still wants to listen to us and all of those kinds of things. We had a cool lesson with her on Thursday where a member was able to come with us. She and her cousin were there, so we decided to talk to them and teach them. The cousin of Daisy was way interested in what we had to share. She loved it. Daisy had already heard that discussion before so she knew what was coming. She almost accepted a date to be baptized.

We are also seeing some interest in Anita, the mother of Jose and Anthony. She came to church and is doing well. We are also working with Sandra and Armando. He found a job, but now we can’t visit him. Sandra is also looking for work so it's been difficult to find her. We taught her once and invited her to church, but she was unavailable to come Sunday morning. So we have a lot of really good people that we are teaching. We are determined to find them so we can help them come unto Christ and to be baptized.

Oh, another neat story. We got a referral from headquarters for the family members of a recent convert that lives in San Diego. I guess a sister out there got baptized and referred her sister to the missionaries. Elders Burrup and Centeno were able to visit them while I was on an exchange, but I finally got the chance to meet them and talk to them. They are a family of six. Really the only interested ones are the 13-year-old son and the mom whose sister is the one who just got baptized. They really are super nice and offer their house to us whenever we stop by. The mom really needs the gospel right now. The rest of the family is like interested to learn more, but not necessarily to change. It's interesting to me to see that. I've been so blessed to have a family united in the gospel. We have been able to grow together, and strengthen one another. Which is really the whole point of the family.  I found it interesting because this family was a little torn between churches/doctrine/etc. Which I could tell caused contention between them. Not necessarily to the point of hatred, but enough to feel tension between one another. We are going to do our best to help show them how much this gospel really can bless their family. They already have evidence. They’ve seen the change in their relative. Now we just need to help them experience it for themselves. I'm so excited to be apart of that.

I went on exchanges with my zone leader this week. His name is Elder Robinson. I loved it. He was actually in my first district out in Fullerton when I got here to the field. Now he has been called to be our zone leader and I had the honor to work with him in my area. It was a blast. We were able to look back at all of the fun times we had back when I first got here. We were able to go to a meeting with our mission president and learn about stress and how we as leaders can help the missionaries we serve deal with their stress. It was really interesting how we were told that we can put so much pressure on ourselves as missionaries. I found that to have occurred throughout my entire life. So we received some very wise counsel from President Bowen on how to help our missionaries deal with stress.

Well, that is my week. It's been good. It's going to be a great week. I can feel it, I’m so glad I’ve been so blessed in my life with so much. I hope that I can get that message across to all that I’m teaching. I love you all. Thank you so much for your support.

Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment