Saturday, October 6, 2012

Letter for October 1, 2012 (late post again, sorry)


Hey all!!

It was a very good and rewarding last week in the city of Anaheim. Yes, I have been transferred to a different area in the mission. Might I say I was very sad about this transfer. I was really getting to love the people. I left a lot of great people behind that are in this ward. I know thought that the Lord has so much more in store. I just can't wait to find out what that is!

So this week we taught a lot of people. I'll let you know of some of the highlights. The first I want to talk about is the Garcia Lopez family. They are a family full of members, except for the parents. Why, because they are not married. They didn't think they could be married for some reasons. But I told them of the experience I had in La Habra when we got David and Daisy Torreblanca married. They were in shock. So we had this awesome lesson on obedience to the commandments. The mom accepted a date to be baptized, the dad not quite. The next elders are going to work there to get it done. I am very excited for them.

Also, we got this referral from the church headquarters for this lady named Lisabeth. She is from here, but she went up to Utah to see some family she has in Heber. She decided to go to Temple Square to take a tour and to see what we were really all about. She filled out some info, we got her address, went over to see her and found out that she is golden. She is a truth seeker. She wants to know all about it. She even came to church. We set a baptismal date with her the very first lesson. She is getting baptized for sure. That is a miracle.

We are also teaching Miguel. But he didn't come to church. I fear that we will have to stop visiting him for a time. He finds all the excuses in the world to come to church. That was the same way in La Habra. Feel bad. He has a lot of potential. But I guess for a later time right? Oh and we also stopped seeing the Jehovah's Witness we saw. They just didn't want to accept the message we had. Which is their choice. Bummer. But they won't do the commitments that we give them and so forth. Time to move on.

So speaking of church. We were on our way to gospel principles class to sit with Lisabeth. When our ward mission leader came up to us and asked us if we could teach the class. I was in shock. I'm still working on my confidence in the language. I accepted. The topic was on prophets. We went up there, not knowing exactly what we wanted to say. WE opened our mouths and taught the class. I could feel the spirit very strongly. The spirit testified to me the truthfulness of what we were teaching. I loved it. Even though we were not prepared. It was awesome.

So those are basically the great things that are going on in that area. It was really hard to say goodbye to everyone. I guess that is a good thing. That is also probably why missionaries move often and go to different areas. You find that the members, and the investigators become like family to you. It's awesome.  As for me I have moved to the Garden Grove 10th ward. I will be serving in the area with a new companion named Elder Walker. He is from Farmington Utah. I am so excited to get going in this area. The best part is that we are "white washing" So we don't know what is going on here, but we are going to build it up and get it going.

Thank you so much for all of your support and for what you do. Oh don't forget that Elder Sumsion is coming home tomorrow. Will you go to his homecoming whenever it is and tell him I said hi and how much I love the guy? He has something for you too that I told him to give you. Love you all and we will hear from you soon.

Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment