Monday, August 20, 2012

Letter from August 20, 2012


Hey everyone! 

It has been an amazing week. We have done and seen a lot of miracles this week in our area. We have also had a lot of changes coming this week to our entire district. 

Elders Larsen and Farnsworth have been called to train in their area together. So they will be a trio. So cool. I have been called to be the senior companion in my area. I have received a new companion named Elder Janne. He has just completed his training out in my first ward, Fullerton 6. He is now with me in Anaheim 11th. He is such a workhorse of an Elder. That is very good news to me and to this area. He is like an Elder Larsen. He loves to work and he loves the Lord. You can't ask for a greater companion. We are going to see a lot of miracles this week, and this transfer too. 

So I have been talking about Rachelle and her sister Genesis. They actually both went to girl’s camp this week. They had what you would call an amazing time. Both of their testimonies grew a ton. So we were really excited when we talked to them yesterday. We committed them both to be baptized. They even shared their testimonies in front of a bunch of group of Girls. They were so awesome. I even talked to another young woman that yet and she had people ask her "she is a member right?" she would say no and they were so shocked. They are doing so good. We have a planned baptismal service for Rachelle for this Sunday. She is still not so sure. It's been pretty tough, but we aren't sure what to do. I'm thinking what is going to happen is we are going to delay her date until the 9th. Because that is when Genesis is going to get baptized. So we will see!

Also, we ran into some really cool people while we were trying to find some other investigators. Elder Excell just decided to stop by and talk to them. We ended up teaching them. They told us that they had always wanted to know what church is the true one. We got really excited and gave them a book of Mormon. We came back the next day to see them, and we learned that Liz, one of the people we taught, her father had passed away that night. We taught her the plan of salvation, and she really accepted it. She doesn't have a baptismal date yet, but we are working with her, and her friend, Diana right now. We are hoping that we will get a miracle with them this week.

Also, there is another neighborhood that we stopped by a few times. We taught this guy named Luis about our message. He really did not like it. He told us "there is no way you are going to convince me that your church is right" he asked a lot of questions about the church, Joseph Smith, everything. We answered them all and left. We went back to teach one of his daughters that we had been seeing. We began to teach her. We came to the conclusion that she didn't know who Jesus Christ is. This was a very sad experience for me. How could you grow up and not know Jesus Christ? I guess this is how it is for a lot of people.  It's really sad that they don't know that we have someone who suffered everything for us, so that we may be able to live with our Heavenly Father again. We taught her about the restoration and God. She was amazed. We even asked her to pray, and she did it. This is why I’m here. To help others who don't know about Their Savior, know Him. What He has done for us, and how we can get closer to Him.

This is all I really have for this week. We are starting to see a lot of Miracles in this area. It's growing. It was so dead when I got here, but little by little the Lord is blessing us. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us in this area. My companion and I are very young in the mission, we don't know a lot of Spanish, we don't know the area very well, but we are going to go out and work. We are going to see miracles. 

I love you all so much. If there is anything I can do for you, let me know and I will do my very best to get back to you all a.s.a.p. 

Les Quiero mucho. nos vemos

Elder Dallin M. Ollerton

No comments:

Post a Comment